Safe standing: Lib Dems propose safe standing return
The Liberal Democrats have put forward plans for Premier League and Championship clubs to introduce safe standing at stadiums.
The party has confirmed to BBC Sport it plans to make the pledge as part of its 2015 General Election manifesto.
All-seater stadiums were introduced more than 20 years ago after the Taylor report into the Hillsborough disaster, in which 96 Liverpool fans died.
BBC Sport's Richard Conway reports.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'