Luis Suarez banned over bite incident - World Cup 2014
Uruguay striker Luis Suarez has been banned for nine matches after being found guilty of biting Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Suarez was also suspended from any football-related activity for four months and fined 100,000 Swiss francs ($111,000).
The ban means Suarez will not play in Uruguay's game on Saturday.
Fifa spokesperson Delia Fischer made the announcement at a news briefing in Rio de Janeiro.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McNish's guide to perfect Suzuka lap
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast
- Watch video Sofas & computer games - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga