World Cup 2014: England players react to Uruguay defeat
England captain Steven Gerrard says there is a "tiny glimmer of hope" of progressing to the knockout stages after losing 2-1 to Uruguay in Group D of the 2014 World Cup.
Speaking after the game Gerrard calls the result "disappointing" with England defender Gary Cahill and goalkeeper Joe Hart adding the team tried their hardest.
Mathematically England can still qualify for the last 16 Italy beat Costa Rica and Uruguay in their remaining games and England win by a couple of goals against Costa Rica on Monday.
Available to UK users only.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video England stars root for Rooney goals record
- Watch video Bizarre own goal in Belfast game
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Magic Monza: Italian GP preview
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up