World Cup 2014: Where should Rooney play for England?
BBC Sport pundits reflect on Wayne Rooney's performance against Italy and debate what the Manchester United player's best position is.
Rio Ferdinand says Rooney should be played in his preferred role of striker or number ten, not out on the left, "if you want to get the best out of him."
England's World Cup campaign started in defeat against Italy, a Mario Balotelli header secured a 2-1 victory for Italy.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany