World Cup 2014: I feel 100% ready, says Wayne Rooney
Wayne Rooney insists he feels "100% fit" as England prepare to kick off their World Cup campaign against Italy in Manaus on Saturday.
The 28-year-old striker has faced criticism in the build-up to the tournament, with former Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes suggesting he may be past his peak.
Phil Neville - who coaches Rooney at Old Trafford - thinks there is a "witch hunt" against Rooney, who says he is "fully focused" ahead of the tournament.
The forward says that United team-mate Danny Welbeck will be fit to face Italy despite limping out of training on Tuesday.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Mourinho will take a 'risk' on Costa
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Owen's solo effort
- Watch video I will not quit - Newcastle's Pardew
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview