World Cup 2014: I feel 100% ready, says Wayne Rooney
Wayne Rooney insists he feels "100% fit" as England prepare to kick off their World Cup campaign against Italy in Manaus on Saturday.
The 28-year-old striker has faced criticism in the build-up to the tournament, with former Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes suggesting he may be past his peak.
Phil Neville - who coaches Rooney at Old Trafford - thinks there is a "witch hunt" against Rooney, who says he is "fully focused" ahead of the tournament.
The forward says that United team-mate Danny Welbeck will be fit to face Italy despite limping out of training on Tuesday.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut