Ellan Vannin make waves at first international tournament
Team Ellan Vannin (Manx for Isle of Man) are making waves at the inaugural world cup for non-FIFA nations held in Sweden.
Starting at 250-1, the Manx team won both their group games before beating favourites Kurdistan on penalties to reach the tournament's semi-final.
The competition is a world cup for nations and regions outside FIFA.
Chief executive of the Manx International Football Alliance Malcolm Blackburn said: "We are only a very small nation but we are getting the opportunity to play against teams like Kurdistan, with a population of about 30 million.
"We are not sure where it will take us but it is putting the Isle of Man on the footballing map."
It is Ellan Vannin's first international tournament. The Isle of Man players also fundraised to help a team from Darfur compete in Sweden.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Watch jockey Lewis Ferguson's spectacular fall
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick
- Watch video McGregor defends mixed martial arts