Mark Wright: 1985 England team used oxygen masks and bleep tests
Former player Mark Wright recalls how England used oxygen masks during games to deal with the conditions during a summer tour to Mexico in 1985.
Wright tells BBC Breakfast's Mike Bushell that "the altitude, the heat, the humidity and everything with it was just ridiculous" as the pair try out specialist acclimatisation facilities at the FA's St George's Park training base.
The current England team face humid conditions when they open their 2014 Fifa World Cup campaign against Italy in the Amazonian city of Manaus on 14 June.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany