World Cup: Uruguay 1930, Italy 1934 & France 1938
BBC Sport looks back at the genesis of the World Cup.
Uruguay hosted the first tournament in 1930, before Italy and France staged the event on a troubled continent.
The hosts triumphed in 1930, with Italy victorious four years later and then defending their crown in France in 1938.
BBC Radio 5 live's Peter Allen narrates.
Available to UK users only.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'