Manchester City 4-0 Aston Villa: Lambert proud of Villa effort
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert says he is proud of his players, despite losing 4-0 to title-chasing Manchester City at Etihad Stadium.
Villa frustrated their hosts in a goalless first half, but two goals from Eden Dzeko and strikes from Stevan Jovetic and Yaya Toure saw City close to within a point of the Premier League title.
Despite taking only four points from their last eight games, Lambert praised his "fantastic" players who he said were "running on empty".
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview