World Cup 2014: 100 great World Cup moments - Nine days to go
BBC Sport counts down 100 of the greatest World Cup moments, as the 2014 tournament in Brazil draws nearer.
Today looks back to Paolo Rossi's memorable hat-trick for Italy in their 3-2 win against Brazil during the 1982 World Cup in Spain - a match many consider as one of the greatest in World Cup history.
The striker had only recently resumed playing after a two-year ban for his part in a match-fixing scandal in Serie A, and manager Enzo Bearzot was criticised in the Italian media for selecting him.
But after a poor start, Rossi sprang to life against Brazil in a match Italy had to win to reach the semi-finals, and went on to claim the Golden Boot with six goals and help his country win their third World Cup.
Available to UK users only.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sports Personality - a history in numbers
- Watch video Six key stats from the Premier League
- Watch video MOTD3: Liverpool, bogeymen & Wenger
- Watch video Highlights: Hamilton wins second title
- Watch video The moment Hamilton clinched the title
- Watch video Snooker stars rev up for UK Championship