World Cup 2014: 100 great World Cup moments - 10 days to go
BBC Sport counts down 100 of the greatest World Cup moments, as the 2014 tournament in Brazil draws nearer.
Today we look back to one of the most infamous moments in World Cup history, when France captain Zinedine Zidane headbutted Italy's Marco Materazzi in the chest during the 2006 World Cup final in Berlin.
Referee Horacio Elizondo was informed of the incident by the fourth official, after missing the incident, and showed Zidane a red card.
It was claimed months later that Materazzi had insulted Zidane's sister before the headbutt, but the sending-off proved to be the final chapter in Zidane's glittering career for France.
Italy won 5-3 on penalties after the game finished 1-1.
Available to UK users only.
More from World Cup 2014
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video 'Chelsea face biggest task against Arsenal'
- Watch video 'Relegated?! You are having a laugh!'
- Watch video I won't miss hospitals - McCoy retires
- Watch video O'Sullivan nearly snaps cue in half
- Watch video GB's Holland wins first triathlon title
- Watch video A lot of hard work still to do - Pearson