Tottenham 3-2 Southampton: Tim Sherwood says Spurs 'dug deep'
Spurs boss Tim Sherwood admits it was "hard work" for his team to fight back from two goals down to beat Southampton 3-2 at White Hart Lane.
Jay Rodriguez and Adam Lallana put Saints ahead but Christian Eriksen scored twice from close range to bring Tottenham level before substitute Gylfi Sigurdsson fired in a last-minute winner.
Sherwood says a top-four finish will be "tough" for Spurs, but thinks their league form will improve following their exit from the Europa League. They currently stand fifth in the table, six points behind Arsenal who have played a game fewer.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'