Arsene Wenger: Szczesny red card key to Champions League exit
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes the first-leg red card received by Wojciech Szczesny was the key to their Champions League exit against Bayern Munich.
The Gunners suffered a 3-1 aggregate defeat as they drew 1-1 at the Allianz Arena, with Bastian Schweinsteiger giving Bayern the lead from close range before Lukas Podolski shot high into the net to level the score on the night.
But, after the game Wenger focused on the decision to send off keeper Szczesny in the first leg, which Bayern won 2-0, saying it was the decision that made the difference between the sides in the tie.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Classic Grandstand April Fools' prank
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick
- Watch video McGregor defends mixed martial arts