Arsene Wenger: Szczesny red card key to Champions League exit
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger believes the first-leg red card received by Wojciech Szczesny was the key to their Champions League exit against Bayern Munich.
The Gunners suffered a 3-1 aggregate defeat as they drew 1-1 at the Allianz Arena, with Bastian Schweinsteiger giving Bayern the lead from close range before Lukas Podolski shot high into the net to level the score on the night.
But, after the game Wenger focused on the decision to send off keeper Szczesny in the first leg, which Bayern won 2-0, saying it was the decision that made the difference between the sides in the tie.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany