Christian Benteke: Aston Villa striker could return against Sunderland
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert says striker Christian Benteke could make his comeback against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on New Year's Day.
The 23-year-old Belgian scored 23 goals in all competitions last season - including a hat-trick against the Black Cats in April - but has missed Villa's past three games with a knee injury and has not scored for them since September.
Lambert believes his players feel less pressure away from home, and says he is surprised to see Sunderland struggling at the foot of the Premier League table.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'