Arsene Wenger expects Thomas Vermaelen to stay at Arsenal
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says Thomas Vermaelen has not asked to leave in January.
The Belgian defender has not featured regularly for the Premier League leaders this season and Wenger admits the player is "suffering".
Vermaelen has only played three times in the Premier League this season and has had just six outings in total.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Sutton's huge upset
- Watch video The story of The Rumble in the Jungle
- Watch video Table tennis star's costly celebration
- Watch video Robinson 'excited' by Burgess switch
- Watch video Six famous rugby cross-code converts
- Watch video NFL London franchise 'a great thing'