Nottingham Forest are still in talks with Wolves to sign winger Bakary Sako, reports BBC East Midlands Today.
Forest have been after the 25-year-old since August and had a
bid in excess of £3m rejected by the League One club
towards the end of the transfer window.
The Championship side still want to secure a 93-day emergency loan with a view to a permanent deal in January.
Wolves manager Kenny Jackett told BBC WM: "He will only go to Forest if the deal is right for us."
Forest are also understood to be considering other options and may look elsewhere if they cannot finalise a deal.
“There has been a lot of speculation but really the situation hasn't changed. If there is a deal that is good for us, and any player wanted to go, we would have to consider it. But that deal is not there and nothing has been agreed at present”
Former France Under-21 midfielder Sako
moved to Molineux from French side St Etienne
in the summer of 2012.
He has appeared nine times for Wolves this season, scoring five goals.
Jackett confirmed Sako did not train on Thursday, adding to speculation that a deal was imminent.
But the Wolves boss insisted the midfielder was ill and had been at the training ground.
Jackett said: "He has been genuinely sick, although he has done some sessions this week. He has been in close contact with our doctor. People do get ill and injured."
And Jackett said they will not sell the player - who was also
targeted by Fulham in the summer
- on the cheap.
"It's not something that we are pushing," Jackett added.
"There has been a lot of speculation but really the situation hasn't changed. If there is a deal that is good for us, and any player wanted to go, we would have to consider it.
"But that deal is not there and nothing has been agreed at present."