Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas wants sensible discussion on chants
Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says he hopes Prime Minister David Cameron's recent statement will help the debate about Spurs fans using the word "Yid" to describe themselves.
Villas-Boas believes Spurs fans will be happy with the Prime Minister's statement that the chanting is not "hate speech" and that fans who do it should not be prosecuted, but says the debate needs to have an outcome soon.
Spurs will issue a questionnaire asking fans whether it is time to stop chants regarded by some as anti-Semitic.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McIlroy laughs off Sweet Caroline tune
- Watch video Pro12 highlights: Ulster 13-10 Connacht
- Watch video Sproule sent off for shirt celebration
- Watch video Ulster rugby fans hail golfer McIlroy
- Watch video 'Fantastic Christmas' for Van Gaal
- Watch video Steve Wilson relives Brazil 1-7 Germany