Jerome Thomas: Crystal Palace sign former West Brom winger
Crystal Palace have signed former Arsenal, Charlton and West Brom winger Jerome Thomas.
The 30-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the club after leaving The Hawthorns on a free transfer.
- West Brom (Aug 09-May 13): 106 appearances; 13 goals
- Leeds (Loan Nov 12-Jan 13): 7 appearances; 1 goal
- Portsmouth (Aug 08-Jul 09): 3 appearances
- Charlton (Feb 04-Aug 08): 119 appearances; 7 goals
- QPR (Loan Mar 02-Oct 02): 10 appearances: 3 goals
- Arsenal (Aug 01-Feb 04)l: 3 appearances
Thomas said Eagles manager Ian Holloway had been a key reason why he had decided to move to Selhurst Park.
"After they got promoted Ollie gave me a call. We had a good talk and after that there wasn't much doubt in my mind where I wanted to go," he said.
"I wanted to stay at the top level. I saw them throughout the season and watched the play-offs.
"Ollie's the main factor, but obviously there's a lot of talent here and him and the chairman are planning on bringing in more. It shows what their goals are and I'm definitely looking forward to it."
Thomas made 119 appearances in six seasons at Charlton and after a spell with Portsmouth joined West Brom on a free transfer in July 2009.
He played 106 games for the Midlands outfit and helped them win promotion to the Premier League but was sent out on loan to Leeds for a month last season before returning to West Brom in December.