Tottenham forward Gareth Bale has failed to make the final three for the Uefa Best Player in Europe award.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery received the most votes as the initial shortlist of 10 was reduced to three.
Analysis: Bale's 'unstoppable' free-kicks
Bale was eighth after the second round of voting, open to select journalists from Uefa's member associations.
The winner will be decided after another round of voting on 29 August.
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, who found the net 26 times to help Manchester United regain the Premier League title last season, was in 10th place.
who has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid,
scored 26 goals in all competitions for his club during the 2012-13 campaign.
Last season, Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta, who helped Spain win Euro 2012, picked up the main prize.
4. Arjen Robben (Ned) - Bayern Munich (57 points)
5. Robert Lewandowski (Pol) - Borussia Dortmund (39)
6. Thomas Muller (Ger) - Bayern Munich (38)
7. Bastian Schweinsteiger (Ger) - Bayern Munich (32)
8. Gareth Bale (Wal) - Tottenham (24)
9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Swe) - Paris St-Germain (14)
10. Robin van Persie (Ned) - Manchester United (10)