David Beckham on his new role in Chinese football
David Beckham talks about his new role as a global ambassador for Chinese football at a news conference in Beijing.
The former England captain will attend league matches and visit clubs to "help educate young people" about getting involved in the sport.
Beckham's appointment was announced earlier this month and comes as Chinese football works to recover from a match-fixing scandal which led to dozens of top officials, players and referees being jailed or banned.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Highlights: Finn shines for England
- Watch video All you need to know about Klopp
- Watch video Fifa needs to start again - Lineker
- Listen to audio NI qualification 'one of our better nights'
- Watch video Incredible what we've done - Hamilton
- Watch video Beckham: Last goal in Dads v Teachers