Guernsey FC will face Walsall Wood in an FA Vase replay on Saturday after the two sides played out a 0-0 draw in their quarter-final.
Despite a number of chances and Dave Rihoy hitting the bar deep into extra time, Guernsey failed to win in the FA Vase for the first time this season.
"If that had gone in at the end that might have been cruel on them as a draw was a far result," Vance said.
Guernsey FC's FA Vase run
- 1st qualifying round: 3-2 Crowborough Athletic
- 2nd qualifying round: 2-0 Farnham Town
- 1st round: 3-2 Whyteleafe
- 2nd round: 4-3 Erith Town
- 3rd round: 4-0 Erith and Belvedere
- 4th round: 6-5 Rye United
- 5th round: 3-1 Spalding United
- Quarter-final: 0-0 Walsall Wood
"They're a good side and very tough," he told
And Vance praised the commitment of his players, who have added to their fixture congestion with the draw.
Saturday's replay means their two Combined Counties Premier League games scheduled for Friday against Badshot Lea and Sunday against Cove FC, have been postponed.
"There were a lot of players on the pitch who put a lot of effort in and it would have been cruel for someone to lose that game of football," Vance said.
"I'm pleased we've got a replay, if nothing else as we can have a game at home in front of our fans."