Paul Ince delays decision on Thomas's future at Blackpool

New Blackpool manager Paul Ince will wait until the end of the season before discussing the future of his son, Thomas, at Bloomfield Road.

The 21-year-old winger was courted by Premier League clubs, including Liverpool and Reading, in January.

"I'm not going to make any bold decisions about what we're going to do in two or three months," said Ince, following his appointment on Monday.

"We have to see where we are at the end of the season and then go from there."

Paul Ince with two-year-old son Thomas and the Premier League trophy in 1994

Thomas Ince, seen here as a two-year-old with Paul and the Premier League trophy in 1994, played under his father at Notts County for two months during the 2010-11 season

The former England captain continued: "It's always difficult to keep hold of your top players. A lot of people go on about Thomas, but we do have some very good players in the side."

Ince Jr is enjoying an exceptional season, scoring 17 goals in 33 appearances for the Seasiders and also establishing himself in England's Under-21 side.

His form has led him to be linked with a move to the top flight, although a return to Liverpool 18 months after leaving Anfield did not materialise when the Reds failed to meet Blackpool's asking price.

Thomas, who previously played under his father Paul for two months during a loan spell at Notts County during the 2010-11 season, will not be receiving any special treatment.

Ince added: "Thomas is like any other player when he walks into the training ground or onto the pitch.

"If he does something wrong, he'll be told in no uncertain terms. If he does something well, he'll get a pat on the back like any other player would. When we leave the training ground, that's when he becomes my son.

"Thomas would expect that. I've worked with him before at Notts County and sometimes I'm harder on Thomas than I would be with the rest of the lads.

Thomas found out about father's appointment in a text from his mother

"I'm sure at the moment that he's dreading me being here, but once we get going he'll be fine."

Ince will take charge of Blackpool for the first time at Leeds on Wednesday, a match that will end a near two-year exile from management.

The ex-Manchester United, Inter Milan and Liverpool midfielder, 45, has been out of football since leaving County in April 2011.

He replaced Michael Appleton, who left Blackpool for Lancashire neighbours Blackburn Rovers in January, and takes over with the club 14th in the table, six points above the relegation zone and 10 points from a play-off spot.

Meanwhile, Thomas has revealed that news of his father's imminent appointment came from another family member.

He said: "I got a text from my mum saying that my dad might be getting the Blackpool job.

"It's a great opportunity for him to come to a fantastic club with great expectations and a great squad. I'm pleased for him and hopefully he can do well."