Tottenham 3-1 Reading: Villas-Boas praises unsung Lennon
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas praises the performance of winger Aaron Lennon in his side's 3-1 win over Reading at White Hart Lane.
Pavel Pogrebnyak put the visitors into an early lead but Tottenham dominated thereafter with Michael Dawson equalising before Emmanuel Adebayor headed in Lennon's cross early in the second-half. Clint Dempsey added a third after coming on as a substitute.
Villas-Boas says Lennon is sometimes in the shadow of some of the other players at the club and he "doesn't get the recognition he deserves" for his "magnificent" form this season.
A third consecutive victory moves Spurs into third place in the Premier League table.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut