Hibs: James McPake fears exit of Leigh Griffiths and Ryan McGivern

Captain James McPake admits that Leigh Griffiths' and Ryan McGivern's futures may lie away from Hibernian.

Both are on loan deals that expire next month and McPake concedes they may be trying to catch the eye of other clubs.

"They'll want to put good performances in," McPake told BBC Scotland ahead of matches against Celtic and Hearts.

"It could be their last two games, so what better way to go out than with a couple of wins in the two biggest games of the season."

McPake thinks McGivern and Griffiths will have other options

McPake thinks McGivern and Griffiths will have other options

Hibs manager Pat Fenlon made extending the loan deals for defender McGivern, striker Griffiths and Motagua midfielder Jorge Claros his January priority.

McGivern has impressed for Hibs after arriving from Manchester City in August having had previous loan spells with Morecambe, Leicester City, Walsall, Crystal Palace and Bristol City.

Griffiths is in his second season on loan from Wolves, where he does not appear to figure in new manager manager Stale Solbakken's first-team plans.

The Championship club could seek to sell the 22-year-old in January rather than allow him to extend his current deal with Hibs, with whom he has scored 13 times this season.

Wolves might instead opt to exercise a year's option on the player's contract, extend his spell at Easter Road and attempt to sell him in the summer.

However, McPake insists he has heard nothing definite about either player.

"It might not be for Hibs," he said of their respective futures. "They'll have other options and you need to be playing well for other teams to take a chance, or for Hibs to say 'we want to keep them'.

"In my opinion, I want to keep them, but it's up to them to prove to the manager and prove to anyone else that they're worthy of a contract or of a place at another club."

Manager Pat Fenlon has targets lined up should any of his loan players move on but says planning ahead is proving tricky.

"We'll wait and see over the next few weeks," explained Fenlon.

"We've got a list together. If they don't stay we need to have replacements.

"It's a difficult scenario at the moment. We can't make the final decision on that."