Striker gamble worked for Manchester United - Ferguson
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is pleased with his decision to bring on substitute Javier Hernandez, after the striker scored the winning goal in a 3-2 win over nine-man Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
United went 2-0 up through a David Luiz own goal and a Robin van Persie strike, but Juan Mata and Ramires resorted parity for Chelsea.
But when Branislav Ivanovic and Fernando Torres were both sent off for the home side in the second half, Hernandez came off the bench to score United's third, although the Mexican's flicked finished appear to be offside.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video McNish's guide to perfect Suzuka lap
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast
- Watch video Sofas & computer games - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga