'Real aspiration' to redevelop Anfield, says Ian Ayre
Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre says there is a "real aspiration" to improve Anfield, as the club confirm plans to redevelop their existing home rather than building a new stadium in nearby Stanley Park.
The capacity is set to be extended from 45,276 to 60,000, while the project will cost around £150m, with Liverpool committing to building a hotel.
The BBC's Ben Smith believes this announcement will allow Liverpool to "make some progress" towards getting greater match-day revenue.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut