Fulham showed initiative against Wigan - Martin Jol
Fulham manager Martin Jol says it is "very positive" that his side have secured their first away points of the season, after beating Wigan 2-1 at the DW Stadium.
Cottagers striker Hugo Rodallega scored the opener, and Jol admitted he hoped playing against his old club would motivate the Colombian.
Damien Duff doubled Fulham's lead with a second-half strike and Arouna Kone managed to pull one back for Wigan late on.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video New faces have impressed - Hodgson
- Watch video Balotelli must improve - Rodgers
- Watch video McNish's guide to perfect Suzuka lap
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast