Shaun Barker thanks Derby for sticking by him
Derby County club captain Shaun Barker says he feels "privileged" to have signed an extended contract and says it shows the honesty of the club and manager to stick by a player with a major injury.
The defender dislocated his right kneecap and also suffered ligament damage against Nottingham Forest in March and could be sidlined until around 2013.
But he is adamant he will come back stronger than before the injury and says the best part of his Rams career is still to come.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Mourinho will take a 'risk' on Costa
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Owen's solo effort
- Watch video I will not quit - Newcastle's Pardew
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Buzaglo sinks WBA