Brendan Rodgers denies Clint Dempsey comments
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he has said "nothing derogatory" about Clint Dempsey after Fulham lodged a formal complaint with the Premier League over the club's interest in the striker .
Rodgers was speaking after an own goal gave his side a 1-0 victory over Hearts in their Europa League play-off first leg.
Andy Carroll missed the tie because of a hamstring problem, but Rodgers hopes the striker will be fit for Sunday's visit of Manchester City.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview