Scott Sinclair: Swansea accept Manchester City offer
Swansea City have accepted a bid from Manchester City for Scott Sinclair, BBC Radio Wales has reported.
The winger, 23, was left out of the Swans squad for Saturday's home game with West Ham United and has told the club he will not sign a new contract.
BBC Radio Wales reporter Mark Poyser said: "We understand Swansea have accepted a bid from Manchester City for the former Chelsea player."
Manchester City want Sinclair after selling Adam Johnson to Sunderland.
England winger Johnson, 25, moved to Wearside on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee on Friday.
Sinclair had featured for Swansea in the opening day win at QPR but manager Michael Laudrup explained why he had been left out of the squad to face West Ham.
"Last week he was included in the squad, came on and scored a great goal," Laudrup said.
"I spoke to Scott and we agreed it was much better that he stayed out of the squad today and we'll see what happens in the next week.
"If he stays, then of course he's back in, and he if he leaves then he's not in the squad. Let's see what happens in the next four or five days."
Swans first-team coach Alan Curtis had already suggested that Sinclair will move to the Premier League champions.
"He's not really interested in signing a new contract and I think Man City have made a bid," Curtis said.
Sinclair in numbers
- Chelsea 14 appearances - one goal
- Plymouth (loan) 18 games - four goals
- QPR (loan) nine games - one goal
- Charlton (loan) three appearances
- Crystal Palace (loan) eight games - two goals
- Birmingham (loan) 14 games
- Wigan (loan) 22 games - two goals
- Swansea 91 games - 36 goals
"It's just a matter of time before it happens and it's good for both parties."
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, who recently secured the services of England midfielder Jack Rodwell from Everton for £12m, is keen to strengthen his squad before the transfer window shuts on 31 August.
"I am sure we will do what we want in one week," said the Italian on Friday.
"We are working, We can't say a name or how many players, but in the last days we will be working."
Sinclair scored eight goals in the Premier League last season and 19 the season before as Swansea won promotion from the Championship via the play-offs.
The former Chelsea trainee, whose current deal runs out at the end of the season, came on as a substitute in Swansea's 5-0 win at QPR last Saturday, scoring the fifth goal.
"He's been terrific for us, to be fair. We've had two seasons out of him and he was superb in the Championship and virtually his goals got us promotion," added Curtis.
"Last year as well he wasn't maybe quite as effective as he was his first year - obviously it was a lot tougher opposition - but he's been absolutely magnificent.
"Like Joe [Allen, who joined Liverpool] we wish him all the best, but as long as the club keeps pushing forward that's the main thing."
Swansea broke their transfer record on Friday to sign Ki Sung-Yeung from Celtic, subject to a work permit and international clearance.