Arsenal's Arsene Wenger admits 'regrets' over Robin van Persie sale
Manager Arsene Wenger admits "regret" that Arsenal have sold striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United but feels people need to be "realistic" about the transfer.
The Frenchman believes he has replacements in new forwards Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud and asks his players to become "even more of a team" in order to compensate for the loss of a "world-class" player.
Arsenal begin their Premier League season on Saturday with a home game against Sunderland.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast
- Watch video Sofas & computer games - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd