Harry Redknapp: Tottenham departure nothing to do with England
Former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp believes speculation surrounding him becoming the new England manager had no bearing on his departure from the club, explaining that the owners "decided to move in a different direction".
Redknapp says he has enjoyed "four fantastic years" and "loved every minute" of his tenure at White Hart Lane, but feels the club would have made the same decision even if they had not missed out on a Champions League spot due to Chelsea's victory over Bayern Munich.
The 65-year-old had 12 months left on his contract but reportedly failed to agree a new deal with chairman Daniel Levy.
More from Football
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Highlights: Hamilton on top in China
- Watch video World Snooker: The Crucible in numbers
- Watch video World Cup moments: Magic from Maxi
- Watch video Highlights: Alonso fastest in first practice
- Watch video Steering wheel distracts Maldonado
- Watch video Why Moyes should fear 'brave' Everton