Bolton Wanderers have made an improved £7m offer for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha.
Trotters boss Owen Coyle confirmed that an initial bid for the 19-year-old had been lodged on Tuesday.
However, Palace chairman Steve Parish has since told BBC Sport that Zaha and defender Nathaniel Clyne, a reported target for Wolves, are "going nowhere".
"I don't think it is to the value that the Crystal Palace chairman wants," Coyle said after the first bid.
"But it is an offer we felt was fair for a very talented young player."
Bolton are also increasingly hopeful of concluding a loan deal for Arsenal's Ryo Miyaichi before Wednesday's transfer deadline.
Zaha has scored five goals in 32 appearances so far this season, attracting the attention of Bolton's Premier League rivals Newcastle and Liverpool.
Only last month,
Zaha signed a new five-and-a-half-year deal with the club.
"I always put what I think is a fair value on a player and if we get to it, great," added Coyle.
"He is such a talented young player and he will get better - there is scope for improvement. He has got pace and unbelievable quality and natural attributes.
"But at the moment it looks as if we are a way apart in terms of valuation."