Blackburn Rovers say captain Christopher Samba is "not for sale" despite the defender handing in a transfer request.
The club issued a statement saying: "The player signed a new contract with the club less than a year ago which runs to June 2015."
Samba said on Monday he wanted to leave Ewood Park in the transfer window.
Rovers manager Steve Kean said on Friday that
two bids had been turned down
for the QPR target.
Samba then missed
Saturday's 3-1 win over Fulham
as he was having
tests in hospital
for severe stomach cramps.
Samba released a statement on Monday that read: "In my five years at Blackburn Rovers I have always given 100% in every game I have played. I have had several opportunities to leave but I have always stayed.
“I have decided now is the right time for me to pursue a new challenge”
"I have decided now is the right time for me to pursue a new challenge and I have asked the club to respect my decision and allow me to leave.
"I thank the fans for their support and I hope they feel I have served them and their club well."
New QPR manager Mark Hughes, Samba's former boss at Blackburn, admitted that
the club has bid for the former Congo international
and that they would await further developments.
Samba, who has made 161 league appearances for Rovers since Hughes signed him for £450,000 from Hertha Berlin in 2007, told French newspaper L'Equipe last week: "The club is not improving at all. Things have not happened as I was told they would.
"I've tried to maintain my performance level but I feel it's time to change. I hope people will understand me.''
Samba, who grew up on the outskirts of Paris, last week spoke on the reported interest in him from Carlo Ancelotti's big-spending Paris Saint-Germain.
"We'll see if the interest is confirmed or not, but it would be good for me to return home,'' said Samba.
"In any case, it's flattering. The club has taken on a new dimension. It's not the PSG of a few years ago.''