Arsene Wenger praises 'exceptional' Robin van Persie
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says the team wanted to "force the game a bit too much" before "exceptional" goalscorer Robin Van Persie made the breakthrough in the 1-0 win over QPR .
Van Persie notched his 35th Premier League goal in 2011, passing Thierry Henry's club scoring record for a calendar year but finishing one shy of Alan Shearer's all-time mark.
Wenger adds that Henry, who is set to re-join the Gunners on a two-month loan deal , shows "exceptional class" in training and believes the striker will surprise a few people during his return, predicting the Frenchman could play for the club in the FA Cup tie against Leeds.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Mourinho will take a 'risk' on Costa
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Owen's solo effort
- Watch video I will not quit - Newcastle's Pardew
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview