Alan Pardew unfazed despite first defeat for Newcastle
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew remains upbeat after his players succumb to their first defeat of the Premier League season with a 3-1 loss at Manchester City .
A late consolation goal from Dan Gosling was not enough to save Newcastle after penalties from Mario Balotelli and Sergio Aguero and a calm finish from Micah Richards had earned the hosts a comfortable lead.
But Pardew says Roberto Mancini's side was the strongest opposition Newcastle has faced all season and is heartened by the imminent return from injury of key players.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut