Alan Pardew unfazed despite first defeat for Newcastle
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew remains upbeat after his players succumb to their first defeat of the Premier League season with a 3-1 loss at Manchester City .
A late consolation goal from Dan Gosling was not enough to save Newcastle after penalties from Mario Balotelli and Sergio Aguero and a calm finish from Micah Richards had earned the hosts a comfortable lead.
But Pardew says Roberto Mancini's side was the strongest opposition Newcastle has faced all season and is heartened by the imminent return from injury of key players.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video 'Chelsea face biggest task against Arsenal'
- Watch video 'Relegated?! You are having a laugh!'
- Watch video I won't miss hospitals - McCoy retires
- Watch video O'Sullivan nearly snaps cue in half
- Watch video GB's Holland wins first triathlon title
- Watch video A lot of hard work still to do - Pearson