Arsene Wenger says he will stay with Arsenal beyond 2012
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reiterated his commitment to the club, insisting he will stay in his job for "a few more years".
Wenger, 62, had told French newspaper L'Equipe that he would review his position in the summer.
However, after the 2-1 win at Norwich on Saturday, he insisted he had no intention of leaving the Emirates at the end of the season.
And now he has told Arsenal's official website : "I will stay and that's it."
“I am totally committed here and I will show you that at the end of the season”
Wenger said: "I have a few more years to go. I will stay and that's it. It was a little sentence if you read well.
"I can only speak for me. The club can decide to get rid of me tomorrow morning and I cannot interfere with that decision, but I am totally committed here and I will show you that at the end of the season."
The Frenchman has been in charge of the Gunners since 1996, leading them to three Premier League titles and four FA Cup wins but he has not won a trophy since 2005.
In September, owner Stan Kroenke insisted Wenger's future as Arsenal boss was in his own hands , and that only he could decide when to end his stay there.
In the L'Equipe interview, Wenger also admitted that losing star players Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City in the summer had been particularly difficult for him.
"For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity," he said. "I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in.
"[Bad results] broke the squad. I often call it 'the season of the last minute'," he added, when asked about Arsenal's poor finish to the 2010-11 campaign, which saw the Gunners finish fourth in the Premier League.