Javier Hernandez signs five-year Manchester United contract
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has signed a new five-year contract to keep him at Old Trafford until 2016.
The Mexican, 23, who signed from Chivas de Guadalajara in July 2010, scored 23 goals in his first season at the club.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "The last player I remember making an impact as quickly is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Javier reminds me of Ole."
- July 1988: Born in Guadalajara, Mexico
- July 2009: Signs for his hometown club Chivas
- June 2010: Scores for Mexico against France and Argentina in the World Cup
- July 2010: Joins United for a fee believed to be £6m
- August 2010: Scores against Chelsea on his debut in the Community Shield
- May 2011: Helps United win a record 19th title
- October 2011: Signs a new five-year deal to keep him at Old Trafford until 2016