England can cope without Wayne Rooney - Sam Allardyce
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce believes England should get through the Euro 2012 group stages, even without striker Wayne Rooney.
The Manchester United striker has been handed a three-match ban for the red card he received in England's 2-2 draw in Montenegro, meaning he will miss all three of his country's group games at next year's finals in Poland and Ukraine.
Allardyce, speaking before the ban was announced, says his behaviour is part of his character but believes he has matured over the past few years calling the latest incident a "blip".
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Kyrgios antics are funny - Murray
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Ride the Rio mountain bike course
- Watch video Pendleton second on horse racing debut