Garry Cook says Man City spent big to get to the Champions League
In an exclusive interview with BBC Radio 5 live's Ian Dennis, Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook says the club accelerated their spending to achieve the goal of playing Champions League football.
However, Cook won't admit whether the club are making any progress in their attempt to sign Arsenal's Samir Nasri.
The chief executive also says he has "not spoken to anyone that would dispel the notion" that Tevez is a Manchester City player and is excited about seeing him play with compatriot Sergio Aguero.
For more 5 live highlights, please visit the best bits page.
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Sterling 'motivated by trophies not money'
- Watch video Raheem Sterling - the extended interview
- Watch video Classic Grandstand April Fools' prank
- Watch video England 'upset' with first-half display
- Watch video Bale's basketball half-court hat-trick
- Watch video McGregor defends mixed martial arts