Bradford 1 - 2 Aldershot
Bradford began their campaign in miserable fashion as they slumped to a home defeat against Aldershot.
The visitors went ahead when Danny Hylton calmly finished from Alex Rodman's cross from the left wing.
Bantams defender Robbie Threlfall doubled Aldershot's lead when he headed Rodman's delivery into his own net.
This was Peter Jackson's first game as Bradford's permanent boss and his side scored a late consolation through James Hanson's header but it was not enough.
VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Bradford City manager Peter Jackson told BBC Radio Leeds:
"The most important thing was to get a good result so I'm feeling flat because we didn't win the game.
"I'm bitterly disappointed we didn't win the game in front of a huge home crowd. But we have another game on Tuesday so we'll pick ourselves up and get ready for that.
"It will take time because they are a young side. They are keen and enthusiastic and they never give in."
Aldershot boss Dean Holdsworth told BBC Surrey:
"I'm thrilled. It was 99.9% perfect for an away performance. The only flaw in the whole performance was the goal we conceded at the end.
"We rode the storm and the occasion in the first half. We knew we'd have to defend a lot of long balls.
"It's a start. It's only one game but we earned it. If you work hard you get your rewards."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 6 August 2011
Npower League Two
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 41 Hansen
- 05 Branston
- 16 Mitchell
- 24 Moore
- 28 Threlfall
- 04 Flynn yellow card (Rodney 70)
- 22 Bullock
- 23 Syers
- 07 Stewart (Wells 74)
- 09 Hanson
- 11 Compton
- 01 McLaughlin,
- 06 Oliver,
- 10 Hannah,
- 19 Rodney,
- 21 Wells
- 01 Young
- 02 Herd
- 03 Straker
- 05 Jones yellow card
- 06 Brown
- 11 Rodman
- 23 Vincenti
- 07 McGlashan yellow card (Morris 82)
- 08 Collins
- 09 Rankine
- 10 Hylton (Mekki 88)
- 21 Warner,
- 15 Morris,
- 14 Pulis,
- 17 Mekki,
- 12 Bubb
- Bradford 51%
- Aldershot 49%
Attempts on target
- Bradford 3
- Aldershot 1
Attempts off target
- Bradford 5
- Aldershot 6
- Bradford 2
- Aldershot 1
- Bradford 11
- Aldershot 14
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:40 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- 90:00+4:18 The ball is delivered by Jack Compton, save by Jamie Young.
- 90:00+2:45 Jack Compton provided the assist for the goal.
- 90:00+2:45 GOAL - James Hanson:Bradford 1 - 2 Aldershot James Hanson grabs a headed goal from inside the box. Bradford 1-2 Aldershot.
- 90:00+1:19 Corner taken by Chris Mitchell from the right by-line to the near post.
- 89:13 Robbie Threlfall challenges Alex Rodman unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Jamie Collins.
- 87:01 Substitution Adam Mekki joins the action as a substitute, replacing Danny Hylton.
- 82:39 Free kick awarded for a foul by Alex Rodman on David Syers. Free kick crossed left-footed by Robbie Threlfall, comfortable save by Jamie Young.
- 80:42 Free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 80:42 Substitution (Aldershot) makes a substitution, with Aaron Morris coming on for Jermaine McGlashan.
- 80:42 Unfair challenge on Jermaine McGlashan by Nialle Rodney results in a free kick.
- 78:40 Effort from outside the penalty area by Jermaine McGlashan goes wide left of the goal.
- 75:38 Foul by Aaron Brown on James Hanson, free kick awarded. Chris Mitchell restarts play with the free kick.
- 74:01 Effort on goal by Alex Rodman from long range goes over the bar.
- 73:29 Substitution Mark Stewart goes off and Nahki Wells comes on.
- 71:14 Effort from a long way out by Nialle Rodney goes wide right of the target.
- 69:24 Substitution Michael Flynn leaves the field to be replaced by Nialle Rodney.
- 66:58 Unfair challenge on Guy Branston by Michael Rankine results in a free kick. Robbie Threlfall takes the direct free kick.
- 64:34 Free kick awarded for a foul by Guy Branston on Michael Rankine. Strike comes in from Jamie Collins from the free kick.
- 63:46 Michael Rankine produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that misses to the right of the goal.
- 62:32 Effort from outside the penalty box by Jack Compton goes wide right of the goal.
- 61:23 Liam Moore crosses the ball, Header on goal by David Syers from inside the box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 59:17 Chris Mitchell takes the free kick.
- 59:17 Booking Darren Jones is booked.
- 59:04 Foul by Darren Jones on Jack Compton, free kick awarded.
- 58:33 Jack Compton takes a shot. Jamie Young makes a save.
- 54:27 Foul by David Syers on Danny Hylton, free kick awarded. Alex Rodman produces a shot on goal direct from the free kick.
- 52:09 Ben Herd takes the direct free kick.
- 52:09 Booking Michael Flynn is booked.
- 51:54 Unfair challenge on Danny Hylton by Michael Flynn results in a free kick.
- 51:35 The referee blows for offside. Jamie Young takes the indirect free kick.
- 50:12 Free kick awarded for a foul by Robbie Threlfall on Jermaine McGlashan. Direct free kick taken by Jamie Collins.
- 48:24 Ben Herd concedes a free kick for a foul on Jack Compton. Chris Mitchell takes the free kick, Lee Bullock takes a shot. Jamie Young makes a comfortable save.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half started.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:24 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+0:43 The assistant referee signals for offside against James Hanson. Free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 45:00+0:06 Liam Moore fouled by Alex Rodman, the ref awards a free kick. Liam Moore restarts play with the free kick.
- 43:29 Foul by Aaron Brown on Mark Stewart, free kick awarded. Direct free kick taken by Liam Moore.
- 41:59 Jack Compton takes the direct free kick.
- 41:59 Booking Jermaine McGlashan shown a yellow card.
- 41:48 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jermaine McGlashan on David Syers.
- 39:24 Free kick taken by Chris Mitchell, Jack Compton has a headed effort at goal from close in which goes wide left of the target.
- 39:24 Booking Caution for Jamie Vincent.
- 39:10 Jamie Vincent challenges David Syers unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 37:02 Alex Rodman provided the assist for the goal.
- 37:02 GOAL - Robbie Threlfall:Bradford 0 - 2 Aldershot Own goal by Robbie Threlfall. Bradford 0-2 Aldershot.
- 36:12 Liam Moore challenges Michael Rankine unfairly and gives away a free kick. Alex Rodman crosses the ball from the free kick right-footed from left channel, clearance made by Lee Bullock.
- 34:23 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Ben Herd by Jack Compton. Direct free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 32:29 Free kick awarded for a foul by Danny Hylton on Liam Moore. Free kick taken by Martin Hansen.
- 30:48 Effort from long range by Jamie Vincent goes wide right of the target.
- 29:02 Robbie Threlfall gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Jermaine McGlashan. Ben Herd restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:58 Liam Moore produces a cross, Close range headed effort by David Syers clears the crossbar.
- 26:27 Ben Herd concedes a free kick for a foul on Jack Compton. Chris Mitchell crosses the ball in from the free kick, save by Jamie Young.
- 26:12 Jamie Collins concedes a free kick for a foul on Michael Flynn. Direct free kick taken by Guy Branston.
- 17:55 Assist on the goal came from Alex Rodman.
- 17:55 GOAL - Danny Hylton:Bradford 0 - 1 Aldershot Danny Hylton scores a goal from inside the six-yard box low into the middle of the goal. Bradford 0-1 Aldershot.
- 15:39 Corner from right by-line taken by Jamie Collins.
- 14:08 The official flags James Hanson offside. Indirect free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 10:52 Danny Hylton gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Guy Branston. Martin Hansen takes the direct free kick.
- 7:59 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Aaron Brown by James Hanson. Free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 6:39 Corner taken by Chris Mitchell from the right by-line, Jamie Vincent makes a clearance.
- 1:25 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jamie Vincent on Liam Moore. Martin Hansen restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:35 James Hanson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Aaron Brown. Indirect free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 0:00 The ref blows the whistle to start the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.