United States midfielder Alejandro Bedoya has completed his transfer to Rangers after an undisclosed fee was agreed with Swedish club Orebro.
The 24-year-old has been handed a three-year deal after having previously signed a pre-contract agreement to join the Scottish champions in January.
But Rangers manager Ally McCoist was keen to add Bedoya to his squad earlier after he received a work permit.
Orebro, whose season ends in October, had rejected Rangers' initial approach.
Last month, the Swedes said that Rangers had not met their valuation of the player, who has won 13 caps his country.
However, he has eventually become Rangers' fifth summer signing after Juanma Ortiz, Dorin Goian, Lee Wallace and on-loan Kyle Bartley.
McCoist told his club website: "We're absolutely thrilled to get Alejandro in at last.
“I think he has got to go to Stockholm to get his visa and he's as keen to join up with us as we are to have him here”
"I have absolutely no doubt he will be a great asset to us and he is a player we have been looking at for a while.
"I'm just so pleased the clubs were able to agree terms and we can get him to join the squad now.
"That will happen as soon as possible."
That will not happen in time for him to join Rangers' squad for Thursday's Europa League play-off first leg against Maribor in Slovenia.
"I think he has got to go to Stockholm to get his visa and he's as keen to join up with us as we are to have him here," added McCoist.
"Hopefully we can get everything done in that sense in the immediate future so that he can get his Rangers career under way."
Bedoya joined Orebro in 2009 after leaving Boston College Eagles and deciding against joining the Major Soccer League draft in his homeland.
He played more than 60 games for the Swedish top-flight outfit but now joins USA colleague Maurice Edu in the Ibrox squad.
McCoist is also interested in another of their international team-mates, with Rangers having contacted French club St Etienne over the availability of central defender Carlos Bocanegra.