Sepp Blatter will not start 2022 Qatar World Cup probe
Re-elected Fifa president Sepp Blatter will not initiate an investigation into Qatar's successful bid to host the 2022 World Cup.
But the Swiss added he would not block Fifa's ethics or solutions committees should either body want an inquiry.
Qatar's victory is under scrutiny after an email from a Fifa official emerged claiming the event had been "bought".
"I don't know why we should open something because somebody has said something towards Qatar," Blatter said.
"If this committee of solutions or the ethics committee have the impression that they should do something then let them take the decisions," he told CNN.
The controversy around the Qatar bid team's victory was fuelled when suspended Fifa vice-president Jack Warner made public an email from general secretary Jerome Valcke.
“I don't know why we should open something because somebody has said something towards Qatar”
The Sunday Times newspaper had previously claimed that Fifa executive committee members Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma were paid $1.5m [£916,000] to vote for the Gulf state.
Blatter, who secured his fourth term as Fifa president unopposed after being cleared by the body's ethics committee of any knowledge of any alleged bribery, is unconvinced by the evidence against Qatar.
Opera great Placido Domingo, along with former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff, feature on the new solutions committee that is part of Blatter's response to allegations of corruption.
"These gentlemen are more or less advisers," explained Blatter.
"What they should be also is the kind of council of wisdom - which my executive committee would not like because they think they are the council of wisdom."