Stockport 2 - 1 Southend
Danny Rowe scored late on against Southend to hand Stockport only their eighth win of the season.
Greg Tansey put the home side ahead from the penalty spot, after Sean Clohessy had fouled Rowe in the area.
Harry Crawford set up Kyle Asante, who fired in to pull the visitors level with just 10 minutes left.
Rowe found the winner in stoppage time when he got on the end of Anthony Elding's flick-on and handed County all three points.
Stockport County manager Ray Mathias told BBC Radio Manchester:
"It's the first time I've gone in and slaughtered a team that's won 2-1, as we can't afford to let teams in that late in the game.
"I've seen him (Danny Rowe) play in the reserves and it made my mind up about putting him in and he's gone out there and produced the goods.
"We've passed the ball superbly at times and overall I was really pleased with them."
Southend United manager Paul Sturrock told BBC Essex:
"Well after 45 minutes, it didn't look like we had any chance in this game.
"I just can't put my finger on why we started this game so badly.
"The whole 45 minutes of the first half was probably our worst performance of the season."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 26 March 2011
Npower League Two
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 27 Glennon
- 02 Lynch
- 12 Griffin
- 20 Rose
- 29 Brown
- 04 Turnbull
- 08 Tansey (Fisher 88)
- 16 Wallace
- 18 Rowe
- 07 Vincent
- 09 Elding
- 25 Ormson,
- 06 Assoumani,
- 17 Halls,
- 32 Chusay,
- 14 Poole,
- 15 Mainwaring,
- 19 Fisher
- 01 Morris
- 02 Clohessy
- 05 Coughlan
- 12 Hall yellow card
- 23 Barker
- 04 Stevens (Nesbitt 46)
- 07 Grant
- 30 Woodyard
- 17 Soares (Asante 76 yellow card)
- 20 Crawford
- 21 Sturrock
- 24 Evans,
- 25 Nesbitt,
- 14 Bouzid,
- 34 Smith,
- 10 Corr,
- 28 Asante
- Stockport 50%
- Southend 50%
Attempts on target
- Stockport 4
- Southend 2
Attempts off target
- Stockport 8
- Southend 3
- Stockport 6
- Southend 2
- Stockport 7
- Southend 8
- Final Result
- 92:54 The game is over, as the referee blows his whistle.
- Full Time
- 90:00+0:18 Assist on the goal came from Anthony Elding.
- 90:00+0:18 GOAL - Daniel Rowe:Stockport 2 - 1 Southend Daniel Rowe gets on the score sheet with a goal from close range to the top left corner of the goal. Stockport 2-1 Southend.
- 89:47 Kyle Asante is adjudged to have handled the ball. Direct free kick taken by Matthew Glennon.
- 89:47 Booking Kyle Asante booked.
- 87:23 Substitution (Stockport) makes a substitution, with Tom Fisher coming on for Greg Tansey.
- 84:48 Unfair challenge on Graham Coughlan by James Vincent results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Anthony Grant.
- 83:39 Daniel Rowe takes a shot. Save by Glenn Morris.
- 82:26 Effort from the edge of the area by James Wallace goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 81:17 Effort on goal by Daniel Rowe from just inside the penalty box goes harmlessly over the target.
- 80:17 Harry Crawford provided the assist for the goal.
- 80:17 GOAL - Kyle Asante:Stockport 1 - 1 Southend Kyle Asante scores a goal from inside the penalty box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Stockport 1-1 Southend.
- 77:14 Free kick awarded for a foul by Adam Griffin on Sean Clohessy. Ryan Hall takes the free kick.
- 76:13 Anthony Elding takes a shot. Glenn Morris makes a save.
- 75:36 Substitution Kyle Asante replaces Louie Soares.
- 75:24 Daniel Rowe produces a left-footed shot from the edge of the area and misses to the left of the goal.
- 70:33 Blair Sturrock takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 69:08 Daniel Rowe takes a short corner.
- 63:53 The ball is delivered by Paul Turnbull, James Vincent takes a shot. Blocked by Graham Coughlan.
- 62:01 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Blair Sturrock by Jordan Rose. Free kick taken by Glenn Morris.
- 61:17 Chris Barker gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Anthony Elding. Adam Griffin takes the direct free kick.
- 58:48 Booking Ryan Hall is given a yellow card.
- 57:50 Mark Lynch concedes a free kick for a foul on Ryan Hall. Direct free kick taken by Anthony Grant.
- 52:51 Louie Soares takes a shot. Jordan Rose gets a block in.
- 52:23 Ryan Hall takes a shot. Save made by Matthew Glennon.
- 50:50 Louie Soares produces a left-footed shot from just outside the area that goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 50:30 The referee blows for offside. Chris Barker takes the indirect free kick.
- 49:59 The assistant referee flags for offside against Blair Sturrock. Matthew Glennon restarts play with the free kick.
- 49:01 Free kick awarded for a foul by Blair Sturrock on Jordan Rose. Jordan Rose takes the free kick.
- 47:27 Corner taken left-footed by Ryan Hall, Headed effort from inside the area by Teddy Nesbitt misses to the right of the target.
- 45:01 The second half has started.
- 45:01 Substitution Teddy Nesbitt comes on in place of James Stevens.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:14 The match has reached half-time.
- 43:23 Unfair challenge on Blair Sturrock by Jordan Rose results in a free kick. Ryan Hall restarts play with the free kick.
- 41:31 Unfair challenge on Adam Griffin by Harry Crawford results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Adam Griffin.
- 40:43 Anthony Elding is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Chris Barker restarts play with the free kick.
- 39:14 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Greg Tansey from the left by-line.
- 38:55 Paul Turnbull takes a shot. Sean Clohessy manages to make a clearance.
- 38:23 Mark Lynch fouled by Ryan Hall, the ref awards a free kick. Adam Griffin restarts play with the free kick.
- 36:51 The assistant referee flags for offside against Anthony Grant. Indirect free kick taken by Matthew Glennon.
- 35:28 The official flags Blair Sturrock offside. Indirect free kick taken by Matthew Glennon.
- 34:48 The ball is crossed by Louie Soares, clearance by Matthew Glennon.
- 33:19 Shot from just outside the box by Paul Turnbull goes over the crossbar.
- 31:20 The assistant referee signals for offside against Anthony Elding. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 30:21 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Alex Woodyard by Anthony Elding. Graham Coughlan restarts play with the free kick.
- 29:43 James Wallace produces a left-footed shot from just outside the penalty box that goes wide left of the target.
- 28:36 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Paul Turnbull by Anthony Grant. Free kick taken by Aaron Brown.
- 27:34 Foul by Sean Clohessy on Daniel Rowe, Penalty awarded.
- 27:34 GOAL - Greg Tansey:Stockport 1 - 0 Southend Greg Tansey scores a penalty. Stockport 1-0 Southend.
- 25:40 Adam Griffin takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post, clearance by Anthony Grant.
- 25:09 Corner from the right by-line taken by Greg Tansey, Harry Crawford makes a clearance.
- 22:58 James Vincent is caught offside. Direct free kick taken by Glenn Morris.
- 22:41 Daniel Rowe decides to take a short corner.
- 20:18 The assistant referee flags for offside against Anthony Elding. Glenn Morris restarts play with the free kick.
- 20:03 The referee penalises Louie Soares for handball. Matthew Glennon restarts play with the free kick.
- 18:14 Corner taken right-footed by Greg Tansey from the left by-line, save made by Glenn Morris.
- 16:14 The official flags Anthony Elding offside. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 15:35 Daniel Rowe takes a shot. Save by Glenn Morris.
- 13:17 James Stevens concedes a free kick for a foul on Paul Turnbull. Free kick taken by Matthew Glennon.
- 11:12 Harry Crawford is adjudged to have handled the ball. Greg Tansey restarts play with the free kick.
- 7:54 Free kick awarded for a foul by Sean Clohessy on Daniel Rowe. Greg Tansey takes the free kick.
- 3:16 Anthony Elding challenges James Stevens unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Graham Coughlan.
- 2:28 Effort on goal by Greg Tansey from long range goes over the bar.
- 1:40 The official flags Harry Crawford offside. Aaron Brown restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The match begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.