Tom Daley's diving partner Peter Waterfield attacks funding 'lies'
Tom Daley's diving partner Peter Waterfield says it is "a lie" that British Swimming sport's performance director Alexei Evangulor told his coach in December of a possible cut to Waterfield's funding.
The 31-year-old Olympic silver medallist describes the decision to cut his funding shortly after he had criticised the sport's chief executive David Sparkes's remarks about diving partner Tom Daley as "suspect".
Waterfield, a father of two, says the decision to cut his funding could result in him being "put out on the streets".
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Highlights: Alonso fastest in first practice
- Watch video World Snooker: The Crucible in numbers
- Watch video World Cup moments: Magic from Maxi
- Watch video Steering wheel distracts Maldonado
- Watch video Why Moyes should fear 'brave' Everton
- Watch video Great snooker finals at the Crucible