Giro d'Italia 2014: Ireland's Dan Martin crashes in Belfast
Ireland's Dan Martin crashes on the opening team time trial stage of the Giro d'Italia in Belfast.
Martin went down after riding over a manhole cover in wet conditions, causing several of his Garmin-Sharp team-mates to hit the ground around him.
Martin, who has made this race the focus of his season, made little attempt to get back up as he held his collarbone and waited for medical attention.
More from Cycling
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video England stars root for Rooney goals record
- Watch video Bizarre own goal in Belfast game
- Watch video Five of the best overtakes in Italy
- Watch video Spot-fixer Amir free to return for Pakistan
- Watch video Magic Monza: Italian GP preview
- Watch video Shelvey 'didn't refuse' England U21 call-up