Dave Brailsford still to pick Team Sky's leader for Tour de France
Team Sky general manager Dave Brailsford admits he is yet to decide between Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome for the role of lead rider in next season's Tour de France. The British duo finished first and second in this year's race.
The 2013 route was announced on Wednesday. It covers 3,360km and is more mountainous than this year's edition, so may favour climbers such as Froome, Alberto Contador and Andy Schleck, rather than 2012 winner Wiggins.
Brailsford describes the route as "exciting and epic", while Froome says he will have to study the route, especially the "nervous" first stages.
More from Cycling
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'