The Analyst: James Anderson and the science of swing
England v India: Fourth Test
Dates: 7-11 August
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra and Radio 4 LW from 10:25 BST, text commentary on BBC website
Cricket analyst Simon Hughes examines how swing bowling and the return to form of James Anderson could be the key to the fourth Test between England and India at Old Trafford.
The Lancashire paceman took seven wickets in the third Test at Southampton to help England end their year-long wait for a Test victory and skipper Alastair Cook says Anderson is the best English bowler he has seen.
Hughes takes a look at the science behind swing and reverse swing bowling and how it could be the deciding factor in the series, which is finely balanced at 1-1 with two Tests to play.
More from Cricket
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video 'Chelsea face biggest task against Arsenal'
- Watch video 'Relegated?! You are having a laugh!'
- Watch video I won't miss hospitals - McCoy retires
- Watch video O'Sullivan nearly snaps cue in half
- Watch video GB's Holland wins first triathlon title
- Watch video A lot of hard work still to do - Pearson