The Analyst: James Anderson and the science of swing
England v India: Fourth Test
Dates: 7-11 August
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra and Radio 4 LW from 10:25 BST, text commentary on BBC website
Cricket analyst Simon Hughes examines how swing bowling and the return to form of James Anderson could be the key to the fourth Test between England and India at Old Trafford.
The Lancashire paceman took seven wickets in the third Test at Southampton to help England end their year-long wait for a Test victory and skipper Alastair Cook says Anderson is the best English bowler he has seen.
Hughes takes a look at the science behind swing and reverse swing bowling and how it could be the deciding factor in the series, which is finely balanced at 1-1 with two Tests to play.
More from Cricket
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Bournemouth shock Man Utd
- Watch video Rodgers rues conceding 'soft' goal
- Watch video Wenger 'didn't realise' Welbeck was so fast
- Watch video Sofas & computer games - injury rehab
- Watch video Meet the only Thai player in La Liga
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd