The Analyst: Joe Root's dismissal upheld
BBC Sport's cricket analyst Simon Hughes explains why the sport's review technology could not rescue Joe Root when he was given out on day two of the third Ashes Test.
With the score on 90-1, umpire Marais Erasmus initially gave Joe Root out caught behind off Shane Watson, and although the review requested by the batsman produced no clear evidence of an edge, third umpire Tony Hill decided that had not seen enough to overturn the decision.
England's grip on the Ashes slipped still further as they closed on 180-4, still 205 runs adrift of Australia.
Missed any of the action? Check out our Ashes catch-up page .
More from Cricket
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video Top 50 FA Cup goals: Saints stun Man Utd
- Watch video Chelsea in control of destiny - Mourinho
- Watch video 'We will fight until the end to qualify'
- Watch video Gibbs gives Wenger anniversary message
- Watch video Super Suzuka - Japanese GP preview
- Watch video 'Action needed over lack of black bosses'