Simon Kerrigan: England spinner plays down Test debut 'nerves'
Simon Kerrigan admits to BBC Radio Lancashire's Scott Read that he expected to be nervous on his England debut, but does not believe it contributed too much to his difficult introduction to Test cricket.
The 24-year-old was handed a surprise call-up against Australia at The Oval for the final match of the Ashes series, but things did not go to plan for the left-arm spinner, who bowled just eight overs in the match and returned figures of 0-53.
Kerrigan says things "did not click technically" for him during the game, but is confident of being given another opportunity to prove himself at international level.
More from Cricket
More Sport Video and Audio
- Watch video De Gea & Navas 'two messed up keepers'
- Watch video Hacker outlines his 'trans-fur targets'
- Watch video Weather: Cloudy with a chance of Pog?
- Watch video Berahino hasn't been this unhappy since...
- Watch video Austin stays at QPR, Saints sign Van Dijk
- Watch video De Gea situation is ludicrous - Kilbane